Monday, September 19, 2011

I propose...Kyle Day!

So I met this pretty witty, pretty smart fella this summer named Kyle. And Kyle does something pretty interesting that, from the moment I heard about it, I've been wanting to do. Kyle celebrates every single day of his life. See, everyday on the calendar is some sort of holiday to someone, somewhere. Everyday Kyle researches the holiday and tries to celebrate in some way.

I am prepared to take over Kyle's mission.  

This is my last year of college and the past three years have been a bit of a struggle for me. I've never enjoyed classroom learning and I find myself just pushing thru to get by. Especially now that I know exactly where I want to be and what I want to do after college... I just want to get the heck out of here! Last night a really good friend of mine gave me some much needed and good advice; "Lori, you need to just live your life and enjoy everyday as it comes." And THAT my friends, is exactly what I intend to do.

I've put together a calendar from today until the end of 2011 with different holidays. I'm going to research them, attempt to celebrate, and report on it all...right here.

Little did I know today was a perfect day to start. Constitution Day! In 2004, Congress passed a bill with a provision that every school and college that receives some sort of federal financial aid must observe Constitution Day. We're literally required by law to celebrate Constitution Day! My school did so by holding a lecture by Dr. Baum, professor at OSU- "Battling Over the Constitution; Current Controversies in the Supreme Court"

Politics not your thing? That's okay, today has several celebratory options!

*Holy Batman Day (Birthday of Adam West, from the 1960s Batman TV series. You may know him as a voice from the Fairly Odd Parents or Family Guy)

 *Argh, maties. National Talk Like A Pirate Day!

*National Butterscotch Pudding Day, anyone? Yum!


(PS- As compensation for stealing Kyle's holiday blog idea I've written a formal request and mailed it to congress asking September 19th to annually be celebrated as National Everyone Should Be a Little Bit More Like Kyle Day)







No comments:

Post a Comment