Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Monuesday

Today is Monuesday. What's a Monuesday and how do we celebrate it, you ask? Well... Monues isn't exactly the holiday it's the thing that happens when I don't write a blog on Monday and stay up way too late and wake up way too early and try to combine Monday and Tuesday and see if anyone cares. Monuesday.

Yesterday was United Nations Day, which is cool and awesome and cool, but there's not much to say about it. I like, nay, I love the United Nations. Happy day, UN!

Today is much more interesting. World Pizzamakers' Day! When I first realized this was a food holiday, I thought it was just any other food holiday- the kind where I'd find it barely mentioned in another blog or two and on Martha Stewart's website. But this is a LEGIT food holiday!

Pizza is believed to have been created for the first time in Naples, Italy in the 600s. I don't think any other food but bread has lasted that long, and I'm sure glad it did. God bless Italian food...but I digress. So, how appropriate that the day be greatly celebrated in Italy today. The Pope prayed a blessing over pizza, pizzamakers and the families of pizzamakers today in St. Peter's Square (the Vatican) in front of 50,000 which included 2,000 pizzamakers from all over the world. THEN! Get this, the pizza makers made and passed out 50,000 slices of pizza to celebrate. Holy mozzarella, that's a lot of pizza.

So take a load off, order in tonight and enjoy. Maybe even watch a little jersey shore and celebrate the fact that their time in Italy is coming to an end.

No comments:

Post a Comment